My son Jesse loves the fried Green Beans at a local restaurant so decided he wanted to make some with dinner tonight! He knew he wanted to use beer (Can you tell he’s our kid?) And Flour, salt and pepper, but I had him add a little Baking Powder to make it raise a bit, and a little garlic salt.
Personally, I would of loved to add some cayenne pepper, or chipotle powder but he doesn’t do a lot of spicy so I refrained. Something to keep in mind when you do yours though!
What you need:
- Fresh (We used organic) Green Beans
- 2 cups of a good beer
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- Peanut Oil (can use Canola if you want but I love the flavor Peanut Oil gives!)
What to do:
- Mix all the batter ingredients, poor the beer so it doesn’t really foam. Put the Green Beans in the batter and fold until all the beans are coated.
- Fill a deep fry pan with Oil about 1/4 inch from the top
- Once the oil is hot enough add the Green beans carefully so you don’t splash hot oil on yourself.
- Once they are golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towels
- Salt the Beans while they are hot.
We didn’t even make a dipping sauce, these were so delicious by themselves!! ENJOY!