I recently did a Review of The Cellar in Daytona Beach. Check out the article and the food here:
My son Connor is addicted to Spaghetti, He could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner! A few times in an effort to satisfy his spaghetti hunger, and because it’s easy, I bought him Chef Boyardee, I know, It was a moment of weakness.
Now, I am a better educated chef, parent and person as to what goes in that stuff! So I started making him little meals of spaghetti he could warm up himself and have for lunches!
Get fun noodles, add whatever you like, but here’s what I did: (Recipe varies depending on how many you want to make how far ahead, and PS: This is GREAT for dinner too for the whole family!) This can also be frozen for future meals!
What you need:
- 2 large cans of organic tomato sauce
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes
- 10 cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 basil leaves chopped into ribbons
- 1 stem of oregano chopped
- 1lb of good quality ground beef (organic if you can get it)
- Pasta, Any shape size whatever, make it fun!
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese (not the shaker stuff EW!)
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper diced
- Olive oil
- S&P to taste
What you do:
- In a large pan coat with olive oil and add onion and garlic sauteing until translucent (MAN I love this smell!)
- Once garlic and onion are cooked, add ground beef and cook until browned
- Add, the bell pepper, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, basil and oregano
- Season with salt and pepper
- While the sauce is simmering on a low temperature, Cook your pasta in salted water.
- Once the pasta is complete drain and separate into one size serving containers
- Allow the sauce to simmer on low for about 20 minutes or so.
- Once finished add the sauce into each container based on how much your child (or you!) Likes.
- Add a Little grated Parmesan on the top, seal and refrigerate!
I also made meatballs one night and threw some of those in his lunch for an added little bonus 🙂
This is great for your lunch, your kids lunch, dinner for the whole family, whatever you want, its easy fun and DELISH!