Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
Add some spice in your life!
What you need:
- 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic Garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives Finley chopped
- 1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Worcestershire Sauce, To Taste
- Fresh Dill (about 2 tsp)
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- Tabasco (optional, To Taste)
- 1 tomatillo Peeled
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
Mix all ingredients together, adding buttermilk slowly till you reach the desired consistency of your dressing. Place tomatillos, cilantro, and jalapeños in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, and then add to the other mixture. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to blend for a few hours before serving.
This dressing is amazing on a wedge salad, break out the iceberg lettuce, crumble some bacon, and pour this over top! Ah-Mazing!
I have a new Food Editor gig for a new magazine out of the West Palm area! It’s an exciting adventure and the first issue was called Flavors! (check em out on FB!)
My recipe for Crab salad was on the cover, so I thought I would share it with you guys! It’s a light and easy recipe, check it out!
- Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces crabmeat, drained, picked over (if you can get fresh crab legs, Julianne the mean from the legs for presentation purposes)
- 1 head of Butter Lettuce
- Fresh Micro greens for garnish
Whisk the lemon, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add the crabmeat and toss gently to coat. Place in a bowl (or a martini glass if you want to have fun with it) on top of a butter lettuce leaf, and garnish with micro greens.
For a Special treat, top with some caviar.
I have decided since I always have so much to say on many subjects other than food, I needed another outlet, so I started an offshoot of this food blog here on WordPress to express my never ending thoughts lol.. Please Follow me at: