The other night I was feeling a bit experimental and wanting something brothy for dinner, so I decided to make a Sausage stew! It was SO good!! Enjoy!
What you need:
- 2 Large Carrots cut into rounds
- 2 Stalks of Celery diced
- 4 Cloves of FRESH garlic minced (Don’t be breakin our no jars!)
- 1 bunch of kale roughly chopped
- 1 yellow or sweet onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1-2 Links of EACH Sausage- Italian, Smoked, Andouille (You could add any sausage you like!)
- 2 Slices of Smoked Bacon
- 1 Cup White wine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can fire roasted diced Tomatoes (Or 2 fresh tomatoes you roasted yourself!)
- S & P to taste
- quarter teaspoon of fresh or dried oregano
What to do:
- In a Large Dutch Oven Add a Swig of good olive oil, Brown your bacon and Cook the sausage until seared on all sides, remove from pan (Med/high heat)
- Lower the heat and add The Garlic, Carrots, Celery, Onion and Bell pepper Saute until soft. Adding a touch of salt to the Veg.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce
- Slice the sausage into rounds after it has cooled a bit
- Once the wine has reduced, add in the Kale, Sausage rounds, and tomatoes.
- Slice up the cooked bacon and add it.
- Add Chicken Broth
- Season to taste
- Stir gently, then cover and allow to cook on a low simmer for approx. 30+ Minutes. Keep in mind this is one of those dishes, the longer you allow it to cook the yummier it will taste and get all groovy!
- Serve with a good bread for soppin’
You could make this dish adding any Veg you like, Spinach, Cauliflower, etc. YUM!