I had to make a few things the other night for a wine tasting fundraiser, one of the things I wanted to try was a Brie with my own sauce. So I experimented and hit a home run!!
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 cup good quality bourbon
- 6-7 strawberries cut in half
- 1/4 almonds toasted
- 1/4 good honey
- Brie Cheese
What you do:
- In a sauce pan add the bourbon and cook down for approx. 1 min. on medium heat (It should be bubbling)
- Add sugar and honey, stir in well and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the strawberries, stir in gently and allow to cook for approx. 5-10 minutes.
After baking the brie on 400 for approx. 15 minutes, score the top, pour the sauce on and sprinkle on your toasted almonds.
Easy, Fast, and people will think you slaved for days! SO Good! Serve with apples, crackers, grapes and/or toasted bread!