I’m not much of a baker.. ok, lets be honest.. Im not a baker at all! But this! THIS, is amazing, sometimes, I do ok just throwing stuff together! I didn’t even manage to get a picture it disappeared so fast!
Lemon Ginger Pound Cake:
What you need:
2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (plus some for garnish)
6 large eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or if you can get it, use the beans from 1 vanilla bean pod)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Plus 1tsp for fruit mixture)
1/2 quart of fresh strawberries quartered
1/2 quart of fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons of good quality honey
What You do:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a Bunt Pan (approx 2 qts)
2) Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3) Using paddle attachment, beat butter, granulated sugar and lemon zest in the bowl of an electric stand mixer at medium speed, until pale and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low. In three batches beginning and ending with flour, add flour, alternately with milk and lemon juice, and beat just until combined.
4) Spoon batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in several placed comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
Cool cake in pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
5) While cake cools, Mix your blueberries and strawberries in with 1 tsp of lemon juice and honey.
6) When cake is cool, Place on serving platter and top with fruit mixture when ready to serve. Add Lemon zest and/or grated candied ginger to the top and serve!