So for christmas I got my husband a smoker (knowing full well this was as much my Christmas gift as it was his, but hey! It was on his list!) This weekend we headed to the butcher and gathered up some stuff we wanted to smoke. Ribs, a whole chicken and chicken wings was going to be our first experiment. This recipe is a simple one I made for the chicken wings. My husband doesn’t normally like wings, but said these were the best wings he has ever put into his mouth! WIN!
What you need:
- Dozen chicken wings
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Harissa Spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- The juice and pulp of 1 orange
- 4 cloves of crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (I used Szechuan (Sichuan) peppercorns)
- A Smoker or BBQ grill
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients (except the chicken) into a bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add wings to the mixture and coat well
- Put everything into a ziplock bag making sure to get all the good marinade and place in the fridge (I marinaded mine over night, if you do not have that much time marinade for at least an hour)
- Smoke or Grill the wings! (I smoked mine, they were amazing! however, if you do not have the ability to smoke them grilling would be yummy too!!)