Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
So my husbands idea of brussel sprouts is the frozen boil in the bag kind his mom used to make. Boiled, no seasoning, nothing to take out the bitterness. So naturally he thought I was crazy when I picked up some fresh sprouts at the market and told him I was going to cook some up!
The results? Simply delish! He ate every bite, and can’t wait for me to make them again!
What you need:
- FRESH Brussel sprouts; outer leaves removed, stem cut off and sprout sliced in half.
- 2-3 Cloves of FRESH garlic roughly chopped
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 of an onion sliced
- S&P to taste
- 2 teaspoons of real butter
What you do:
- In a Fry/saute pan put in the bacon and cook until crisp
- Once bacon is finished drain the excess oil and add the butter
- Once butter is melted put in the spouts flat side DOWN
- DO NOT touch the sprouts for 2-3 minutes
- Once underside of the sprout is golden brown, add garlic and onion
- saute adding s&p to taste
- Cover for 2-3 minutes allowing to cook until sprouts are just tender.
Now, I did NOT add the bacon back in, but you could chop up the bacon and add it back into the pan with the sprouts. ALSO an afterthought as I was eating this little cabbages of goodness was a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan would of been a nice yummy touch.