So, I got sick of going everywhere and just having crap Jalapeno poppers. With my Bacon party on the horizon I decided to invent my own popper to go with my bacon theme! They were a HUGE hit, and now everyone has been asking for the recipe, I honestly debated sharing because I am going to put this on my catering menu, but… I’ll be nice, this is something the world should enjoy lol
What you need:
- 10-12 Fresh Whole Jalapenos, De-seeded, De-veined, and sliced long ways in 2.
- 8oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 5 Cloves of Fresh Garlic Roasted (see directions for roasting garlic below)
- 3 slices of Bacon cooked to crispy
- Raw bacon for wrapping – cut in half
- S&P to taste
- Smoked Gouda Cheese (1/4 for mixture, more to sprinkle on top)
What to do:
- In a mixing bowl, mix, cream cheese, roasted garlic (make sure its all mushed up!) cooked bacon, about 1.4 cup of smoked Gouda cheese, S&P
- With a small spoon or piping bag, fill the jalapenos with the mixture
- Wrap raw bacon around the popper, and toothpick through the sides
- Place Poppers in a pan (do not stack)
- Sprinkle more Smoked Gouda Cheese on top of each popper
- Bake on 350 degrees for approx. 20 minutes. or until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot
There you have it, the best poppers you’ll put in your mouth!
(please keep in mind measurements/amounts are approx. as I have never actually measured out this recipe)