What you need:
- 2 Pork Chops (I like to use bone in thick cut)
- 2 cans of fire roasted diced Tomatoes
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 4-5 fresh oregano leaves (you can use 1/2 tsp dried in place of)
- Salt and Pepper to taste 7. 2-3 leaves of fresh basil chopped
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- one box of angel hair pasta (cook as normal right before pork chops are done)
What you do:
- Season one side of the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- In a large skillet coat olive oil and allow to heat up (med/high heat)
- Place the pork chops in the pan seasoned side down and allow to sear. Season the bare side while searing. Turn to sear the other side
- Remove Pork Chops after both sides are seared (turn heat down to med)
- Add garlic to pan and saute until golden.
- Add Wine and allow to cook down by almost half
- Add Diced Tomatoes and all seasonings allow to simmer for 1-2 min
- Add pork chops back to the pan (with any juices that accumulated) and cover, allow to simmer for 15-20 min (or longer if you have longer) Serve over Angel Hair with the sauce. Pork Chops should be fork tender, no knife required!
I think this would be really yummy with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper in the mix 🙂 I served with grilled zucchini ribbons! I hope you enjoy it!!