This Recipe was a big hit at my Christmas Party (Soups, Stews and Chili’s a couple of years ago) and here it is for your yummy pleasure! So Yummy for those chilly days! The consistency is almost like mashed potatoes, SO creamy and good!
What you Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only (I usually soak my leeks in a cold bath in the sink, all the dirt will sink to the bottom, rinse them good, no one likes gritty soup!)
- 2 russet style potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 quart chicken stock (life is always better if you make your own)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 large cloves of garlic chopped
- For Garnish I like to Add Freshly Chopped Chives, Crisp Bacon and maybe some Parmesan cheese grated on top 🙂
What you do:
- In a large saucepan over med-high heat, melt the butter & 1 tsp olive oil and saute the leeks & Garlic until leeks are soft, about 3 to 5 min.
- Add the potatoes and stock and cook until the vegetables are cooked through and beginning to fall apart, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- U using a blender, ladle the soup into the blender and blend until smooth but with some small chunks remaining. You may have to do this in 2 batches. Add the cream and blend to combine, then check for seasoning and add salt and pepper, to taste. YUM!
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
(Picture to come!)