This is my White Bean mash, I made it up for a wrap so I could add to the vegetarian portion of a menu I have for a local spa. Now however, I have done many things with this mash, and you can too!!
What you need:
- Your favorite dry white bean (I used navy beans)
– 6-7 Cloves fresh garlic mashed or diced
– a big ole hunk of fresh cilantro roughly chopped or torn
– Veggie broth (Make your own if you can!)
– 1/2 of a large yellow onion roughly chopped
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– 2 large ripe Avocados
– Juice of 1/2 large lime
What you do:
1) Sautee the onion and garlic with some salt and pepper in a dutch oven until translucent
2) Add beans, broth, cilantro and more Salt and Pepper to taste
3) Cook beans until they are mushy or very soft (I cooked mine all night, dry beans need a long time to cook unless you decide to soak them first)
4) After the beans cool drain them from the other ingredients (except maybe a clove of garlic or 2)
5) Mash the beans together with the ripe avocado and Lime juice until your desired consistency; I like to leave it a bit chunky.
6) Test for seasoning and adjust.
– Serve in a wrap with some arugula, spinach and smoked gouda cheese
– Eat as a dip with Pita Chips
– Spread on a toasted Crostini
– Eat with tortilla chips
– Spread on your favorite roll add ham or turkey for a great sandwich!
– Add some Salsa Addiction for an amazing dip!