I have a new Food Editor gig for a new magazine out of the West Palm area! It’s an exciting adventure and the first issue was called Flavors! (check em out on FB!)
My recipe for Crab salad was on the cover, so I thought I would share it with you guys! It’s a light and easy recipe, check it out!
- Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces crabmeat, drained, picked over (if you can get fresh crab legs, Julianne the mean from the legs for presentation purposes)
- 1 head of Butter Lettuce
- Fresh Micro greens for garnish
Whisk the lemon, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add the crabmeat and toss gently to coat. Place in a bowl (or a martini glass if you want to have fun with it) on top of a butter lettuce leaf, and garnish with micro greens.
For a Special treat, top with some caviar.